Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] New script smb-mbenum

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 23:36:17 +0200

Hi all,

I've been working on "porting" my popular mbenum tool to Nmap.
MBenum queries the master browser for a list of servers using the NetServerEnum2 function.
In addition to a list of every server name in the domain the master browser keeps track of versions and services
running on each server.
I therefore think its a great source of information when mapping internal networks.

Implementing it in Nmap wasn't as difficult as I had initially thought but involved making a few changes to the
call_lanmanapi function in msrpc.lua.
The change involved changing the function arguments and factoring out some of the code to a new function called
rap_netserverenum2.
The change is based on the documentation in [MS-RAP].pdf provided by Microsoft and as far as I can tell no other script
or library were using the function.

Anyway, I'm attaching the script and the patch that makes the necessary changes to msrpc.lua.

Cheers,
Patrik

--
Patrik Karlsson