Nmap Development mailing list archives

Luis' Status Report - #6 of 17

From: "Luis MartinGarcia." <luis.mgarc () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 09:36:57 +0200

Hi!

Sorry I'm late with the report! Here are the accomplishments of the week
and the priorities for next week:

Accomplishments:

* Finished the initial set of tests. I finally ended up
  implementing 150 different IPv6 tests.
* Started writing "fpanaly", a tool to automate the test
  result analysis process, so we can spot the differences
  between OS's easily.
* Enabled IPv6 support on the Windows XP VM.
* Installed and configured Windows 7 on a new VM.
* Scheduled a meeting with David.

Priorities:

* Continue the implementation of "fpanaly".
* Make "ipv6fp" send packets at the raw ethernet level. Scapy
  does not handle the link layer correctly as it's using a
  link layer broadcast address as the destination MAC address.
  The consequence of this is that the VMs receive the packet
  but the local stacks do not process it because it is not
  directed to a unicast link layer address (they do process it
  for ICMP but not for UDP or TCP).
* Get "ipv6fp" ready for the experimental phase.
* Make IPv6 work on the FreeBSD 8.1 VM.

Regards,

Luis MartinGarcia.