Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: hostmap.nse improved! Added new "ip to hosts" service provider

From: Paulino Calderon <paulino () calderonpale com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 23:23:04 -0500

On 02/06/2011 11:14 p.m., Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman wrote:
On 06/02/2011 04:52 AM, Paulino Calderon wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> This week the GSoC NSE team had a meeting where we discussed how Bing and the search keywords > "ip:<ip>" return additional hostnames that hostmap's current service provider,

Isn't this just like Sven Klemm's vhosts script? It used search.live.com which evolved into Bing, I think? Yours works nicely for me! The added BFK provider is a nice nice plus.

Hmm for some reason his script didn't make it to the official list and I was not aware of it! It seems like the first submission was in 2008. Does it still work ? If it does I think we can incorporate it and stop depending on an external third party service for Bing at least.

Cheers.