Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: GSoC 2011: NSE Script Development

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 20:36:41 -0700

On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 04:31:20AM +0200, Gorjan Petrovski wrote:
I'm currently implementing the encryption for the backorifice-info
script, and I have a problem with the multiplication of numbers which
are too large for lua. Is there currently a workaround for that kind
of problem in Nmap, like lua-bc
http://penlight.luaforge.net/packages/lbc.html , or should I just hack
around some kind of multiplication function which will do the trick
for me?

There are bignum routines in the openssl library. Unfortunately I don't
see a multiply function, but that's probably because we just haven't
defined a binding to it. So I would say, see if you can add a binding in
nse_openssl.cc (you can probably mostly copy the l_bignum_add function).

David Fifield