Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: GSoC 2011: NSE Script Development

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 11:21:59 -0700

On Wed, Apr 06, 2011 at 06:22:40PM +0200, Gorjan Petrovski wrote:
On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 6:19 PM, Gorjan Petrovski <mogi57 () gmail com> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 6:09 PM, Toni Ruottu <toni.ruottu () iki fi> wrote:
Note that after moving to portrule, you get the port information as
the second parameter of action.

Yes, thanks, I've been using your netbus-info amongst other scripts as
a helpful reference. I'm currently trying the shortport lib like this:
portrule = shortport.port_or_service (31337, {"BackOrifice","unknown"}, "udp")
but the script won't run if I run it against a service on another udp
"open|filtered" port.

For example,  the service is configured on port 15151 with password
"mogi", and I'm scanning using:

nmap -sU -p U:15151 --script backorifice-info 192.168.56.102
--script-args backorifice-info.password=mogi

That's fine if it only runs on the default port. Usually we rely on
version detection to detect services running on non-default ports. We
don't seem to have a match for BackOrifice in nmap-service-probes. So if
you can make a service probe or match line, or a backorifice-version
script, we can solve this problem. But consider it as a separate task
from making backorifice-info work.

David Fifield