Nmap Development mailing list archives

Weilin's Status Report - #2 of 17

From: Xu Weilin <mzweilin () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 14:48:49 +0800

Hey all,

I'm very sorry that I didn't remember to send my copyright assignment in
time until I saw Fyodor's replying message on this issue in soc mailing list
digest today. I hope it didn't bring any troublesome.

Last week I have made some progress on coding. Thank David for leading me
into the track of development. Thank Luis for sharing his academic paper on
IPv6 host discovery with me.

Accomplishments:
*Sent my copyright assignment
*Created my svn branch, nmap-exp/weilin/nmap-ipv6
*Implemented IPv6 raw packet ping scan(ICMPv6 echo, TCP-ACK, TCP-SYN were
tested)
*Found some bugs on getting IPv6 route-interface on Libnetutil
*Read Luis's academic paper on IPv6 host discovery

Prorities:
*School duties
*Deal with ICMPv6 Error messages on IPv6 ping scan, such as Destination
Unreachable and Time Exceeded
*doArND() function, like doArp() in IPv4
*Neigh Discovery cache management
*IPv6 route table management

--
Regards