Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 address range

From: "Luis MartinGarcia." <luis.mgarc () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 08 May 2011 18:07:34 +0200

On 05/08/2011 05:50 PM, Vasiliy Kulikov wrote:
Hi,

It is currently not possible to specify IPv6 address range, however it
might be very usefull for some setups.  I have an access to the network
with a range of routers: net-prefix::1 - net-prefix::2f (some of them
are assigned to the same physical machines).  Of course, they are
manuallly assigned.  It would be rather handy to specify them as a
range, not as a result of a bash regexp substitution.

Also I suppose setups with such assignations will be rather popular with
DHCPv6.

Hi, Vasiliy

During the next 4 months we'll be working extensively on nmap's IPv6
support. I cannot give you any specific dates but certainly, by the end
of the summer, you should be able to use IPv6 ranges, do host discovery
using multicast pings, perform OS detection over IPv6, etc.

Best regards,

Luis MartinGarcia.