Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Ncrack 0.4ALPHA Release

From: ithilgore <ithilgore.ryu.l () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 02:01:35 +0300

On 04/28/2011 05:55 PM, David Fifield wrote:
On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 04:01:50PM +0300, ithilgore - wrote:
On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Luis MartinGarcia.
<luis.mgarc () gmail com> wrote:
On 04/28/2011 01:32 PM, ithilgore - wrote:
Hello nmap-dev.

I am pleased to announce the 0.4ALPHA release of the high-speed
network authentication cracking tool Ncrack. This release brings you the VNC
module - a fine contribution by rhh of rycon.hu, the Ncrack
Developer's Guide (which
has also been announced on a separate mail previously) and some additional
(mostly debugging) extensions and important bug fixes.

I just fixed a compilation bug pertaining to systems that don't have
OpenSSL libraries installed - if you have any problems compiling in such a
system, consider getting the latest version from svn.

In addition, there were reports of problems running Ncrack on Windows
(specifically about missing msvcr100.dll) in which case they are solved by
downloadind and installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable
Package
(https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=a7b7a05e-6de6-4d3a-a423-37bf0912db84&pf=true)

-- ithilgore

--