Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap-service-probes patches for Novell Open Enterprise Server

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 11:24:13 -0700

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 09:58:16PM +0200, Patrik Karlsson wrote:
Hi all,

I've been working on some stuff lately involving Novell and eDirectory.
While doing so, I noticed that Nmap incorrectly identified my Linux server as Netware.
Based on the match line it appears that all systems running NCP are identified as Netware.
While this could be true in the past, the NCP service may be present on both Linux and Windows OS'.
I'm submitting a patch [1] that simply removes the OS part of the match line.

I'm also submitting a second patch [2] that adds a matchline for Novells AFP service on Suse Open Enterprise Server.

Looks good, please commit.

David Fifield