Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [Ndiff] RFC: Add nmaprun element diff to niff xml output

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 20:57:41 -0700

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 04:56:27PM -0500, Daniel Miller wrote:
David,

I've made the changes you recommended. For the unit tests, I made
one test for parsing the various attributes of nmaprun, and one that
uses the lxml library to validate against the DTD. The second test is
conditional on the lxml library loading, since not everyone has it
installed. Of note, when testing, I discovered a problem with the
XML parsing test: fail() should have been self.fail().

Thanks Daniel. I committed it. I left out the lxml validation because I
don't want tests to differ for different developers. DTD validation is a
good idea, but it should be run a greater variety of diffs (compare
scan_diff_test.test_diff_is_effective) and run with only standard
libraries.

David Fifield