Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: action-passwd-netbus.nse

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 21:35:44 -0700

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 08:17:08PM +0300, Toni Ruottu wrote:
Here is a new nse script I wrote for setting the password of a NetBus
server.

Thanks Toni.  This script should be a valuable resource for folks who
want to pick it up from the mailing list, but I'm not sure if we
should add it to Nmap distributions.  We already have four Netbus
scripts, and my suspicion is that Netbus server usage is neglibible.
Do you actually see this running in the wild?  Does anyone on this
list use Netbus server for anything?  The latest release was in '99
and the official site expired many years ago.  Does Netbus server even
work on modern versions of Windows?

Cheers,
Fyodor