Nmap Development mailing list archives

New OMP scripts

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () greenbone net>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 20:35:41 +0200

Hello,

please find attached some OpenVAS Manager Protocol related scripts.
The OpenVAS Manager is a network server for OpenVAS, that acts as an
intermediary between client(s) and the actual vulnerability scanner
(see [1]).

The scripts are:
  - omp2-brute.nse, attempts to discover weak passwords.
  - omp2-enum-targets.nse, lists the targets defined for known
accounts, can eventually add them to the scanning queue.

They both rely on omp2.lua. OMP is XML based, but as these scripts
only do simple things I used hardcoded strings and regular
expressions. Nevertheless, much more could be achieved if NSE had a
XML parser (I will discuss it in another thread).

[1] http://www.openvas.org/about-software.html

Regards.

--
Henri Doreau |  Greenbone Networks GmbH  |  http://www.greenbone.net