Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [patch] TargetGroup.cc resolver patch

From: Christian Peron <csjp () freebsd org>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 14:17:02 -0500

FreeBSD; (a number of different versions, but I tested on 8.1.).  But we noticed the crash in nmap version 5.51. I am
not sure if on other platforms getaddrinfo() initializes the addrinfo pointer to legit storage, regardless of the
lookup status, but on FreeBSD, it appears that if the lookup failed, the result would be NULL.