Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: quake3-master-getservers summary patch

From: Toni Ruottu <toni.ruottu () iki fi>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 06:00:49 +0300

I fixed the problems you pointed out. It seems to be really hard to
find out what protocol 43 is. I tried scanning some of the servers.
Nmap identifies some of them as quake (1 I suppose) servers, while
some give indication that they might be quake3 servers. The problem is
that they could also be other games that are based on the quake3
engine. I really do not know.

I try to get my quake3-info script draft out one of these days. I have
kept it back while I have been wondering how the master works, but
also because it only supports quake3. Maybe it is useful for debugging
master servers, or can work as a basis for the multi-game version.