Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap on VPS

From: Gorjan Petrovski <mogi57 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 13:43:39 +0200

Are there any VPS services which tolerate scanning?

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 11:32 PM, Tom Sellers <nmap () fadedcode net> wrote:
I have seen several VPS hosting companies that cripple scanning tools by tweaking various Linux kernel Capabilites
flags.  We haven't had much luck bypassing them and it likely violates terms of service and would get you booted
anyway.

Good luck,

Tom