Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Ncat portable for Windows (static edition)

From: Shinnok <admin () shinnok com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 19:31:46 +0300

On 6/21/2011 11:19 PM, Shinnok wrote:
On 06/21/2011 10:07 PM, David Fifield wrote:
Thanks for figuring all this out. How about adding a new configuration
("Portable" or "Static", based on current "Release") that does these
things? You might need to do the same for the nsock project. I think you
can find a compiler flag to define DISABLE_NSOCK_PCAP rather than
editing a source file.
Definetly do-able. Will ping back when done.

Done in r24242:

Add a build configuration to the MS Visual Studio Nmap solution
that builds only Ncat Portable (statically linked).

The build configuration is named "Ncat Static".
I think that will cover everything needed except for building OpenSSL
statically.

David Fifield
There's a solutions for this too, how about adding the static version of
the ssl libs to svn too?

ls -lsh
total 14M
  13M -rw------- 1 shinnok shinnok  13M Jun 19 11:46 libeay32.lib
1.8M -rw------- 1 shinnok shinnok 1.8M Jun 19 11:46 ssleay32.lib

These two approaches combined would make building Ncat portable a matter
of switching the build configuration.
What do you think? Including those libs would be too much? Libeay32 is esp. big and there
not much we can do about it.

Shinnok