Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Zenmap couldn't termate nmap.exe process when exiting

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 08:47:47 -0700

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 03:05:15PM +0300, Shinnok wrote:
Hey,

Just fixed this in latest SVN revision r24238.
This was a trivial one:

--snip--
-# Not sure if this works. Must research a bit more about this
-# subprocess's method to see how it works.
-# In the meantime, this should not raise any exception because
-# we don't care if it killed the process as it never killed it anyway.
-from subprocess import TerminateProcess
-TerminateProcess(self.command_process._handle, 0)
+import win32api
+win32api.TerminateProcess(int(self.command_process._handle), 0)
--snip--

This doesn't work for me; Python installed according to the instructions
in docs/win32-installer-zenmap-buildguide.txt doesn't have the win32api
module. If I remove the try...pass I get an exception when trying to
kill a scan.

Can you back out this change until we've had time to discuss it and
possible alternatives?

David Fifield