Nmap Development mailing list archives

Gsoc Ipv6 implementation

From: vinit agrawal <vender007 () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 03:21:32 +0530

Hi all,

I am interested in the IPv6 expansion of the Nmap project as a part of Gsoc
2011. This is my first time in Gsoc.
I have some experience with the IPv6 protocol, as i have done some porting
work of the uIP stack in the embedded systems.
It is a micro Implementation of TCP/IP networking stack along with Ipv6 for
8-bit Microcontrollers . I have worked on Atmega128 porting for the same. In
that project i have read much of the RFC for IPv6.

Anyway for the project i am particularly interest in OS fingerprinting and
traceroute implementation, and then expansion of appropriate scripts. Please
let me know, if anyone else is also working on it. I want to know more about
the project and what kind of work is expected in the amount of summer time .

Thanks all

Vinit