Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: 5.36TEST3 OS X

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 13:40:35 -0800

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 10:45:23AM -0800, David Fifield wrote:
On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 11:42:03AM -0600, lists wrote:
Hello nmap devs.  The .dmg from nmap.org/download seems to have a problem.

$ nmap localhost
dyld: Library not loaded: /Users/david/macports-10.4u/lib/libssl.1.0.0.dylib
  Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/nmap
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

nmap, ncap and nping all get the same error.

Thanks, I can reproduce this and I see what the error is. I'm not yet
sure what to do about it. Nping uses some OpenSSL functions that aren't
in the version of OpenSSL included with the 10.4u SDK, which the binary
releases are compiled against. I have thought about dropping support for
10.4 and compiling against the 10.5 SDK instead, but a recent report
(http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2011/q1/45) says that only 10.6 is new
enough.

Options include switching to the 10.6 SDK, installing libssl in
/usr/local/lib (we already have libssl inside Zenmap.app), and compiling
Nping without crypto support.

I think this is fixed in r21712. I changed Nping to link statically with
the MacPorts version of libssl, libcrypto, and libz. The other tools
will use the 10.4u version as before.

There's no new .dmg for this. You can try nmap-5.36TEST2.dmg, though
that release and TEST1 are missing SSL support because of a related
build problem. nmap-5.35DC1.dmg is still fairly recent and should work.

David Fifield