Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: quake3 opportunistic portrule

From: Toni Ruottu <toni.ruottu () iki fi>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 10:17:18 +0200

Here is another probe that detects the getserversExt support. Presence
of the command implies that the server is Dpmaster 2.0 or later. I put
the v/2.0/ as I could not figure out a convention for stating "or
later". Feel free to change that as you see fit. You can use
nmap -sV -p 27950 -sU -Pn master.urbanterror.net master.quake3arena.com
to test the probe. master.quake3arena.com does not support the
feature, but master.urbanterror.net does. Also master.urbanterror.net
did not know about the game I am using in the probe while I was
testing it, so it is a good test candidate.