Nmap Development mailing list archives

Windows Zenmap Save Topology To PNG Error

From: "Alex Kah" <alex () narfonix com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 21:05:21 -0500

Hello.

Nmap Version: 5.51

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit

I ran into an issue earlier attempting to save a scan's topology to PNG via
Zenmap. I attempted to accomplish this on two different computers one of
which was running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and the other running Windows 7
Ultimate 32-bit. There error is detailed below.

##############

##############

Error Saving Snapshot: Surface.write_to_png takes one argument which must be
a filename (str), file object, or a file-like object which has a "write"
method (like StringIO)

##############

##############

The above is a pop up error in Windows and the below is from the
zenmap.exe.log file.

#############################

#############################

C:\Program Files (x86)\Nmap\py2exe\library.zip\zenmapGUI\MainWindow.py:482:
GtkWarning: Could not find the icon '"%1"'. The 'hicolor' theme

was not found either, perhaps you need to install it.

You can get a copy from:

                http://icon-theme.freedesktop.org/releases

I attempted to roll back to Nmap 5.50 without any luck and then tried Nmap
5.36-TEST4 both of which failed. When using Nmap 5.21 I am able to save
topology maps to PNG without issue.

Thanks.

Alex Kah

alex () narfonix com