Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSEC Enumeration script

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 23:07:26 +0100

Hi John,

I've been able to test your script against a number of different servers and it seems to work well.
I experienced some read timeouts on one of the zones, not sure why, but the rest worked great.
Would it be possible/make sense to harmonize the output with the dns-zone-transfer script?

Also, I very briefly browsed the script and changes to the library and have a few comments:
* You could replace the nmap.registry.args stuff with stdnse.get_script_args
* To format output returned by a script you could use the tab library (see dns-zone-transfer) or stdnse.format_output
* The dns.lua patch adds a second identical answerFetcher[types.MX] function which should probably be removed

I'm attaching a patch that uses the new sendPacket function and removes the one you added.

Regards
//Patrik