Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Work on IPv6 support

From: "Luis MartinGarcia." <luis.mgarc () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 00:21:43 +0100

On 01/24/2011 09:39 PM, ambarisha b wrote:
Hi,

Is anybody working on  extending the raw packet support for IPv6 ? Its
in the todo list.If anybody is working on it,I would like to join in.

Hi Ambarisha,

Apart from the Nmap branch David mentioned, we are also trying to add
full IPv6 support to Nping. I'm currently working on this branch:
/nmap-exp/luis/nmap-icmpv6/nping, which mainly deals with ICMPv6.

Basically, the most important thing right now is to get the "libnetutil"
in David's branch, working. We need to be able to list system interfaces
in all supported OS (Win, Linux, BSD, Mac, etc), and also, figure out
how to chose an interface and an IPv6 source address, based on the
target address and the local routing tables. Have a look at the code in
/nmap-exp/david/nmap-ipv6/libnetutil. If you could work on this, it
would be great (not an easy task though).

Regards

Luis MartinGarcia.