Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Dropbox LanSync host collection

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 22:33:34 -0800

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 06:30:49PM -0600, Mak Kolybabi wrote:
Yesterday we had the first of (hopefully) many hackathons here in Winnipeg. We
decided to write a bunch of Nmap scripts as our activity. Attached is the first
of these scripts, submitted for (hopefully) inclusion into Nmap. More will
follow.

This looks great, and David has checked it in.  But can someone add
(or send me a patch for) @output information to this script for the
NSEDoc?  I think adding @usage is a good idea too, since the
auto-generated default usage at
http://nmap.org/nsedoc/scripts/broadcast-dropbox-listener.html isn't
reall appropriate for this script (you don't really need to specify
targets).  Also, it would be great if the description mentioned that
it can optionally add discovered dropbox IPs to the Nmap target list
(with --newtargets).  Maybe that could be one of the examples in the
new @usage section.

Actually I just updated the description a bit, but @output and @usage
would still be very nice.

I'm going through all the new scripts (45 of them! Wow!) to document
the upcoming release.

I hope you have more Nmap hackathons!

Cheers,
Fyodor