Nmap Development mailing list archives

Hi from Larch Chen

From: Larch Chen <larch.lin.chen () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 03:21:29 +0800

Hi,

I am Larch Chen, a student major in computer science of Peking
University, China.
I intend to apply Nmap's GSoC programs and I have read the tutorials.
I find two subjects most interesting. One is the Vulnerability and
exploitation Script Developer, the other one is Nmap Cloud Scanning
Platform.

I do not know if I understand correctly for these two programs.
The first one is to use the /Lua /catch up the most recently & popular
vulnerabilities, and add the exploit script to the script archive. The
second one is some kind like the current /Nessus/, build up a web server
and clients could visit the server through HTTP/HTTPS to do some
scanning or checking using the server's computing resources.

I am familiar with these fields, cause I have done many web-related
small cases including small web servers, web applications & mail
servers, and currently I am studying in a lab of my university. We
mostly focused on malicious web contents detection and defense, but I
take charge in infrastructure side and web user-interface.

Could you provide some guide to these two programs or some recommendation?

Uh, to be honest, the slacker program is quite appealing, but I do not
play StarCraft II. It is a pity...

Wishes,

Larch