Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSEC Enumeration script

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 22:20:18 -0700

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 10:22:36AM +0100, John Bond wrote:
On 25 March 2011 05:49, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:
Thanks, I added your latest changes. In the development branch I'm
trying to understand the rest of the new code in dns.lua. I've deleted
decoders and answerFetchers that we don't use yet. I have a few
remaining specific questions:

Thanks for your answers. It's been a long journey, but I just committed
your script to the trunk. It ended up being a not-too-big patch; try
        svn diff -r 22777:22783 svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap

It would be great if you can aim for similar economy in the NSEC3 script
you're writing. Watch out for adding unused code and add references to
RFCs where appropriate.

David Fifield