Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: GSOC 2011 idea. WEB interface for Nmap.

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 16:17:11 -0700

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 11:56:12PM +0600, Kirill Sukhorukov wrote:
Hi 4 all!

I am thinking about the idea of Web interface for the Nmap.

Hi Kirill.  That's a very good idea.  As others have already noted in
this thread, we had a task like that last year and it resulted in the
excellent Rainmap webapp (http://nmap.org/rainmap/).

I didn't include the webapp work in the ideas page this year because I
didn't think we'd have time to do the Rainmap improvements as well as
all the other tasks we have in mind.  But now I'm rethinking that.  It
is a very valuable and important application, IMHO.  And we can make
time for an extremely talented applicant.

So I've added that idea back to the ideas page and you're welcome to
apply:  http://nmap.org/soc/

Cheers,
Fyodor