Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: introduction

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 12:39:44 -0700

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 02:32:04PM +0530, dheeraj suthar wrote:
Hi,
I am dheeraj suthar from India currently pursuing my Masters in
Computer Application from NIT Warangal. My key interest areas are
Operating System and network security. I have quite good experience in
:
Python, C, C++, BSD socket api and Java.
I would like to work on the Scripting engine which was mentioned on
the Ideas list. It mentions Lua as requirement and I am ready to learn
it along(as I have already worked in different scripting languages).
Kindly guide me.

Hello Deeraj, thanks for introducing yourself. You've already seen the
ideas page, also see these for more information if you haven't already:
        http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/home/google/gsoc2011/nmap
        http://nmap.org/soc/GeneralRequirements.html
        http://nmap.org/soc/apply.html

You should decide what kind of scripts you want to specialize in: web
scanning, vulnerability/exploitation, or discovery. If you are selected,
you will work with your mentor to make a list of scripts to write. But
in your formal proposal, you should have a list of ideas that match your
skills. You can feel free to share your ideas here so you can get
feedback on them.

My previous projects:

1.Title:Mini Operating System (Project OS Atom)
Platform:      GNU/Linux Tool Chain, nasm.
Description : It’s an mini operating system to facilitate study of
operating systems. Designed and created by me under guidance of CSE
faculties of institute. Currently maintained and hosted on
http://osatom.wordpress.com by myself. It’s an open source project.

2.Title:OpenGEN Parser.
Platform:      Python.
(ref,organism type, amino acid
sequence etc.)  and convert them to universal fasta format for further
processing. Currently hosted at
https://launchpad.net/opengenparser. It’s an Open Source project and
was cited for its use in an
International Medical Journal.

That's impressive, to have a project that you maintain yourself.
mention this in your formal proposal.

David Fifield