Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: small cosmetic patch against ncat / nping Makefie.in

From: "Luis MartinGarcia." <luis.mgarc () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 16:14:14 +0100

On 11/20/2010 04:02 PM, olli hauer wrote:
The Makefile from ncat creates a directory (DESTDIR)$(pkgdatadir) which
is only used if HAVE_OPENSSL is defined, else it keeps empty.

The makefile from nping creates a directory "npingdatadir = @datadir@/nping"

What's the purpose of this (empty) directory?
I can't find any files intstalled into this directory or any usage in the code.

--
olli

Hi Olli,

Thanks for reporting this. You are right, there are certainly a few
improvements to be made to the Makefiles. Currently Nping does not have
any data files so I agree that the there is no need for the data dir to
be created. If David is OK with your patches, I'd be happy to apply them.

Thanks again. Regards,

Luis MartinGarcia.