Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] UPnP script split

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 22:06:07 +0100

On 2 nov 2010, at 21.54, David Fifield wrote:

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 09:48:00PM +0100, Patrik Karlsson wrote:

On 2 nov 2010, at 19.55, David Fifield wrote:

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 06:59:35PM +0200, Patrik Karlsson wrote:
Hi all,

Here are the results of the script split for UPnP in regards to broadcast/prerule and "normal" mode.
I ended up creating a new upnp library and two scripts attached to this e-mail.

Please get back to me with feedback. Unless I here differently I'll commit it in the coming week.

Looks good, please commit.

This doesn't have to do with the scripts being split, but I'm seeing a
lot of redundant information in the output of broadcast-upnp-info (and
old upnp-info). I pasted it at the end.

David Fifield

Pre-scan script results:
> [...]
|       Model Version:
|       Name: WANConnectionDevice
|       Manufacturer: Actiontec Electronics, Inc.
|       Model Descr: WanConnectionDevice
|       Model Name: M1000
|       Model Version:
|   192.168.0.1
|       Linux/2.4.17_mvl21-malta-mips_fp_le, UPnP/1.0, Intel SDK for UPnP devices /1.2
|       Location:  http://192.168.0.1:52869/gatedesc.xml
|       Webserver:  Linux/2.4.17_mvl21-malta-mips_fp_le, UPnP/1.0, Intel SDK for UPnP devices /1.2
|       Name: Actiontec M1000
|       Manufacturer: Actiontec Electronics, Inc.
|       Model Name: M1000
|       Name: WANDevice
|       Manufacturer: Actiontec Electronics, Inc.
|       Model Descr: WAN Device on Linux IGD
|       Model Name: M1000
|       Model Version:
|       Name: WANConnectionDevice
|       Manufacturer: Actiontec Electronics, Inc.
|_      Model Version:

I tried to re-create this, even with the same product, but failed.
Anyway, I've added a check in r20912 that should hopefully get rid of these duplicates.

It works, though there is still duplication within each entry. If that's
present in the responses, however, there's no need to get rid of it.

| broadcast-upnp-info:
|   192.168.0.1
|       Linux/2.4.17_mvl21-malta-mips_fp_le, UPnP/1.0, Intel SDK for UPnP devices /1.2^M
|       Location:  http://192.168.0.1:52900/gatedesc.xml^M
|       Webserver:  Linux/2.4.17_mvl21-malta-mips_fp_le, UPnP/1.0, Intel SDK for UPnP devices /1.2^M
|       Name: Actiontec TR64 M1000
|       Manufacturer: Actiontec Electronics, Inc.
|       Model Name: M1000
|       Name: LANDevice
|       Manufacturer: Actiontec Electronics, Inc.
|       Model Descr: WAN Device on Linux IGD
|       Model Name: M1000
|       Model Version:
|       Name: WANDevice
|       Manufacturer: Actiontec Electronics, Inc.
|       Model Descr: WAN Device on Linux IGD
|       Model Name: M1000
|       Model Version:
|       Name: WANConnectionDevice
|       Manufacturer: Actiontec Electronics, Inc.
|       Model Descr: WanConnectionDevice
|       Model Name: M1000
|_      Model Version:

David Fifield