Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: SSL certificate key length in ssl-cert.nse

From: Matt Selsky <selsky () columbia edu>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 00:43:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 1 Oct 2010, David Fifield wrote:

Yes, you should just add whatever you need to l_get_ssl_certificate. It
will mean finding the appropriate OpenSSL function, then storing the
result of calling the function in the returned table.

You can see an example of getting a key size in the OpenSSL source code,
in the file apps/s_client.c. ("Server public key is %d bit\n".)

Thanks for the tips.  I got it working.  Patch is attached.

Is this something others would find useful? If it needs to be cleaned up in order to be included upstream, let me know.

--
Matt