Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Weird Nmap behaviour on Windows (Latest SVN version)

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 15:11:53 -0600

On Wed, Jul 07, 2010 at 07:29:19PM +0200, Luis MartinGarcia wrote:

Luckily we had prepared a debug release around the time of this change.
Try running --iflist with these two releases and send me the output.

Done. I'm sending you the output in a separate message.

I can see where the program is failing, but it's not failing in the way
I expected. I though that the interface description and "friendly name"
would be mismatched, but instead it seems like there is a problem
getting the "friendly name" at all.

Please try this patch and send me the output of --iflist again.

David Fifield