Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] DoS script: smb-flood.nse

From: Jacky Jack <jacksonsmth698 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 02:49:29 -0400

No worry.

Users can have a choice to scan with

--script=smb_dos --script-args=unsafe=1

On 2010-09-24, at 7:46 AM, Ron wrote:

I discovered yesterday that most SMB servers have a global connection limit of about 11 users. After that limit's
reached, it seems that everybody has to wait for somebody to leave. To test how programs react to an exhausted
connection list, I was getting tired of opening a dozen smbclient instances so I threw together smb-flood.nse.

Any thoughts? It's another unusual script, because it has a very specific purpose (and, in fact, never ends). I
don't know how useful it is to include, but it definitely has a use.

Maybe this marks a need to host some kind of script repository that includes one-off, special purpose scripts that
might not need to be distributed with Nmap (because that kind of implies supporting those scripts) but otherwise
interesting to some percentage of users? Could even be that most (new) unsafe scripts aren't shipped, so that nobody
'accidentally' starts crashing machines.

Cheers!

P.S. Apologies if this issue has been previously discussed

--
@