Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap in yet another movie: Bloody Monday

From: Robin Wood <robin () digininja org>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 22:01:25 +0100

On 20 September 2010 19:43, ithilgore <ithilgore.ryu.l () gmail com> wrote:
Hello people.

While practicing my Japanese language skills, I recently spotted Nmap in
yet another movie: this time it's a J-Drama [1] called Bloody Monday [2]
which is based on the manga with the same name [3].

In this series, the protagonist, a hacker whose nickname is Falcon, tries
to stop a biological terrorist attack against Tokyo and uses his computer
skills to find what is hidden behind a secret project codenamed "Bloody
Monday".

Nmap is used by Falcon [12][13][14] not just once, but many times
throughout the episodes [4][5][6][7]. In addition, it is worthwhile to
point out that there are some other real-world tools leveraged like
tcpdump[8][9], the sadmind exploit and netcat[10], rainbow-crack[11], a lot
of python-coded buffer overflow exploits and many more.

The first instance of Nmap can be seen in the first episode at about
1:26:00. You can watch an unofficial trailer of the series at [15].

It would be best if the images were uploaded in the relevant Nmap movies
section, since my site doesn't have that much bandwidth.

[1]. https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Japanese_television_drama)
[2]. http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Bloody_Monday
[3]. https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Bloody_Monday_%28manga%29

[4]. http://sock-raw.org/nmap-ncrack/bloody_monday/nmap1.png
[5]. http://sock-raw.org/nmap-ncrack/bloody_monday/nmap2.png
[6]. http://sock-raw.org/nmap-ncrack/bloody_monday/nmap3.png
[7]. http://sock-raw.org/nmap-ncrack/bloody_monday/nmap4.png
[8]. http://sock-raw.org/nmap-ncrack/bloody_monday/tcpdump1.png
[9]. http://sock-raw.org/nmap-ncrack/bloody_monday/tcpdump2.png
[10]. http://sock-raw.org/nmap-ncrack/bloody_monday/sadmind.png
[11]. http://sock-raw.org/nmap-ncrack/bloody_monday/rcrack.png
[12]. http://sock-raw.org/nmap-ncrack/bloody_monday/falcon1.png
[13]. http://sock-raw.org/nmap-ncrack/bloody_monday/falcon2.png
[14]. http://sock-raw.org/nmap-ncrack/bloody_monday/falcon3.png

[15]. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BDW1_Hx9dQ

Has anyone tried checking the results given? Are they right?

Robin