Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap on Android: localeconv in liblua

From: Patrick Donnelly <batrick () batbytes com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 18:44:18 -0400

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 6:07 PM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 05:14:12PM +0200, Vlatko Kosturjak wrote:
On 08/20/2010 04:33 PM, Kris Katterjohn wrote:
On 08/20/2010 03:17 AM, Vlatko Kosturjak wrote:
llex.c: In function 'trydecpoint':
llex.c:181: error: 'struct lconv' has no member named 'decimal_point'
Have you looked in locale.h to see what's in lconv{}?  I think decimal_point
is defined in ISO C (and POSIX), so maybe there is some macro you can define
somewhere to get this member?  Or maybe there is just a weird replacement in
there...

:)

locale.h part in bionic:

struct lconv { };
struct lconv *localeconv(void);

From: http://lxr.e2g.org/source/bionic/libc/README

"...Bionic is mainly a port of the BSD C library to our Linux kernel
with the following additions/changes:

  - no support for locales..."

Patrick D., do you know if this is a known issue with the Lua
developers? I couldn't find anything through a web search.

This wouldn't be an issue from their point of view. Because locales
are omitted, the platform is not ANSI C. To fix this the Bionic people
either must provide some rudimentary support for locales or we must
modify Lua included in Nmap (on Android). Obviously the former is
preferred.

--
- Patrick Donnelly