Nmap Development mailing list archives

Limits for qscan

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 23:18:18 -0600

From todo/nmap.txt:

o [NSE] In the same way as our -brute scripts limit their runtime by
  default, I think qscan should be less intense by default.  For
  example, perhaps it could run by default on no more than 8 open
  ports, plus up to 1 closed port.  Right now it does things like
  running on 65,000+ closed ports and bloats scan time (and output).
  Of course there could (probably should) still be options to enable
  more intense qscanning.

I added new script arguments qscan.numopen and qscan.numclosed. They
default to 8 and 1. You can disable either limit by setting it to a
negative number.

David Fifield