Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NMap Scripts Vs Nessus

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 23:08:38 -0500

It's nice to see you posting here, Mr. Gula (I kid, of course! :) )

But seriously, I'll give you my perspective, which is fairly simple, and that's all I can do. I write scripts for Nmap
that are free, opensource, available to the community, and will always be available to the community. We've received a
lot of great scripts from the community, with dozens of different authors, that can do similar things to Nessus and
different things than Nessus.

That's my view on it, at least. Others may have different opinions on Nessus vs Nmap, but it's definitely an
interesting question and I'd love to hear them!

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 22:08:06 +0630 Jacky Jack