Nmap Development mailing list archives

New Feature in zenmap interface - Script Selection

From: kirubakaran S <kirubakaran1989 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 08:19:24 +0530

Hello nmap-dev,
               I am Kirubakaran, Gsoc student working on developing
Script selection Interface for Zenmap. I am happy to announce that,
with the help of David, I completed this Interface satisfying basic
requirements.

The code is already merged with main trunk. Please update your working copy
(if you have one) or Check out the latest revision from svn://
svn.insecure.org/nmap

To run zenmap : cd nmap/zenmap
                              ./zenmap

In zenmap, under Profile menu select either New profile or Edit selected
profile.
Move to "Scripting" tab. This is the Interface to select scripts

** To select a script, check the check box to the left of script name. You
can
   see the change in command line.
** You can also notice that when you scroll through the Script names, Script
Information
like Description and categories, Script arguments alongwith values are
displayed in separate
boxes.
** You can also give value to any argument and notice the change in command
line,
when it is done.
** When you move over the Interface, Help section gives Information about
the usage
of particular component to which the mouse points
** When you try to edit the script names or give rules to specify scripts in
the command line,
selection list  is also updated within a shortdelay
** When the argument value in command line is edited,you can notice the
change in Interface,
the change in value gets reflected..
** When you are done, You can save the profile. When you come back to the
profile through
"Edit Selected Profile". The Interface will remain in the same state as you
left.

      Though, I tested this Interface as far as I can, I cannot cover all of
the possiblities. Please
use this Script selection Interface and send me some suggestions or bugs you
have. This will really
help me a lot.

Thanks
--