Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] Brute library, subversion & vnc brute scripts

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 13:11:55 +0200

Hi all,

I've been working on a brute NSE framework for some time now which contains the basic loops, iterators and common logic.
While there's a lot more stuff that could be added to it, I'm releasing a first version of it now.
The concept is loosely based on the db2 brute engine and attempts to guess passwords using multiple worker threads.
I've attempted to document the functionality, arguments and concepts as good as possible.

In order to test it I've adapted some old and written a couple of new protocol/service brute scripts that make use of
it.
I'm attaching the following files and welcome testing, suggestions and feedback.

brute.lua - the brute library,
vnc.lua - a VNC library,
vnc-brute.nse - a VNC brute script,
svn-brute.nse - a subversion brute script
vnc-info.nse - a script that lists security mechanisms supported by a VNC server

//Patrik

--
Patrik Karlsson
http://www.cqure.net