Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: 'nmap' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

From: Rob Nicholls <robert () robnicholls co uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 13:20:24 +0100

Hi Augustine,

I apologise if this is a silly question, but is the file "nmap.exe" still
present within the Nmap folder when you can't get it to run?

If not, you may have anti-virus or anti-malware software on your system
configured to perform a scheduled scan (at the weekend, for example, as
it's clearly not being picked up in realtime or you'd never be able to run
it during that first week) that's deleting or quarantining Nmap because
it's a "known hacking tool", even though we all know that Nmap is typically
used for good. Alternatively, perhaps you use something else like VPN
software that will perform a check of the host to ensure there aren't any
malicious tools and it's that host checker that's causing the file to be
deleted.

Rob

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 10:18:58 -0400, "Boyce, Augustine M. <CTR>"