Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Always practice safe software: a lesson from UnrealIRCd

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 07:45:35 -0500

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 08:17:56 +0200 Vlatko Kosturjak <kost () linux hr>
wrote:
[...]
As I'm not aware of any clever scheduling in NSE (i.e. to tell script
to reconnect after x seconds to same service and let other scripts
execute in the meantime), I come up with KISS (keep simple and
stupid) solution in beginning of the script:
        -- get rid of fast reconnecting annoyance
        stdnse.sleep(100)

This helps with this and original script.
I have also fixed @output part. New script is in attachment.

Let me know the comments,

Kost
Great stuff!

I was actually testing with -sS, which doesn't actually make the initial connection (in a way that unrealircd can see),
so I didn't even notice the issue.

--
Ron Bowes
http://www.skullsecurity.org