Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Adding libdnet and libpcap to nbase (was: Status Report #5 of #15)

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 23:25:36 -0700

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 06:53:40PM -0700, Fyodor wrote:
On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 09:21:41AM +0200, Luis MartinGarcia. wrote:

* Make it possible for nbase to use libdnet and libpcap.
* Try to move the rest of the code shared between Nmap and Nping
  to Nbase.

Maybe it would make more sense to create a new Nmap
tcpip/networking/packet/internals library (I'm not sure what all you
have in mind) for this rather than stuffing everything into Nbase?

Another advantage of making a separate library is that we could make
it C++ so we don't have to convert tcpip.cc back to C.  Or do people
forsee problems in a C++ library like that?  I'd hope that in 2010 it
wouldn't cause any portability/compilation problems for us.

Cheers,
Fyodor