Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: A new zombie port scanning attack

From: Richard Miles <richard.k.miles () googlemail com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 13:36:05 +0000

Hi

If i understood correctly, you need a server that support this XMPP
service, so it's similar to a proxy, right?

There is a more generic way to do  stealthy port scanning attack  in
order to conduct a portscan where the real IP is never disclosed ? I
would be very useful to scan external and internal networks with
reactive IPS that does nmap useless..

thanks