Nmap Development mailing list archives

feature request - T and t to adjust timings dynamically

From: Felipe Alvarez <felipe.alvarez () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 23:08:48 +1000

I've been using nmap for over one year now, and I realised an
interesting feature that might be useful in a future release of nmap.
Nmap currently employs pressing 'd' or 'D" to increase/decrease
debugging output, and 'v' and 'V' for verbosity.  What about including
a way to dynamically increase or decrease timing, similar to the "-T"
flag.  It could be simply implemented as the keypress 't' and 'T" to
increase/decrease timings, respectively.  Sometimes I find T1 *too*
slow, and would like to bump it to T2 without having to SIGINIT my
current nmap run.

(sorry if this is wrong list for Feature requests)
(please CC me - i'm not subscribed)

Felipe