Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Microsoft SQL Server (MSSQL) library and scripts

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 21:33:30 +0200

On 3 apr 2010, at 21.41, David Fifield wrote:

On Fri, Apr 02, 2010 at 08:41:50PM +0200, Patrik Karlsson wrote:

On 2 apr 2010, at 20.08, David Fifield wrote:

This looks good. Let's talk about categories. All the scripts are in
{"auth", "intrusive"}. I will suggest these:

mssql-brute         {"auth", "intrusive"}
mssql-config                {"discovery", "safe"}
mssql-empty-password        {"auth", "intrusive"}
mssql-hasdbaccess   {"auth", "discovery", "safe"}
mssql-query         {"discovery", "safe"}
mssql-tables                {"discovery", "safe"}
mssql-xp-cmdshell   {"intrusive"}

Sounds good to me. I've corrected this now.

Finally, we need to decide on the name prefix. I like the shorter mssql,
but we already have a script called ms-sql-info and the service names
ms-sql-s and ms-sql-m. I guess we don't *have* to have the script prefix
match the service name exactly, as we have pgsql scripts but the service
name postgresql, and I think that's reasonable.

These script names should at least match that of ms-sql-info, either by
renaming them to have an ms-sql prefix, or by changing ms-sql-info to
mssql-info. Are there any strong opinions about this?

It might be good to use dashes a strict delimiters though and avoid
using them in service names? Either works for me though.

Go ahead and commit these with ms-sql names.

I commited the scripts and library as r17154 earlier today.

David Fifield

//Patrik
--
Patrik Karlsson