Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Script selection interface - Requirements.

From: kirubakaran S <kirubakaran1989 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 13:16:46 +0530

Image in google docs..

http://docs.google.com/View?id=dwn8dz7_49dnr7mthf

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 12:26 PM, kirubakaran S
<kirubakaran1989 () gmail com> wrote:
 I am posting here updated list of Requirements for Script selection interface
and the rough idea of interface we are planning to implement.

#1 The whole interface of script selection and argument passing fits
 in to scripting tab of zenmap.

 #2 The interface must show list of installed scripts in local system.

 #3 The interface must allow the user to enter the specifications for
 selecting scripts and view the list of scripts.

 #4 The NmapParser class must read and write NSE output

 #5 It must be possible to select scripts from the filesystem that aren't
 in script.db.

 #6. The interface must be able to parse a script specification from an
 Nmap command line. It must not require other metadata to be stored in
 scan_profile.usp.

 #7.The interface mustbe able to construct a command line script
 specification from the state of the GUI widgets. Combined with the
 previous requirement, this means there must be two-way translation
 between the command line and the GUI.

 #8.The interface must be internationalized with gettext _ marking of
 strings.

Please look in to the attachment for simulation of  interface.

I have designed interface so that satisfies all the requirements. I request
you all brainstorm for more requirements.

--
cheers
Kirubakaran.S

--