Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] httprecon 1.0nse Release

From: Marc Ruef <marc.ruef () computec ch>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 00:08:48 +0200

Hello,

As mentioned before in [1, 2] I was working on an nmap nse port of my httprecon project for the last few weeks.

Today I have released httprecon 1.0nse which can be downloaded from the official project web site:

   http://www.computec.ch/projekte/httprecon/?s=download

This version is very similar to the initial win32 release. One advantage is the individual weight of checks which introduces the possibility of a more accurate score (instead of the incremental hit points; I might add this feature in the win32 release too).

My seven-part article series of nse programming is still under release at [3] (on German only, sorry). Todays part 6 of the series discusses the basic principle of application fingerprinting as it is used by httprecon. Some implementation details are explained at [4].

Feel free to download the new version and send me suggestions, feature requests, bugfixes and signatures[5].

Regards,

Marc

[1] http://twitter.com/mruef/status/10941340348
[2] http://www.scip.ch/?labs.20100408