Nmap Development mailing list archives

Ncrack windows bugs

From: not () null net
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 03:42:50 -0400

Hi,

I compiled the latest version of Ncrack SVN and try to use with list SSH host from file.

The first thing that rushed into the eyes, a filter -iL option, because of which it was impossible to specify a list of
hosts.
Fixed by commenting this line:

/ / ("IL", required_argument, 0, 'i'),

The second was an unexpected fatal error after specifying options timeout -to, I don't now why.
Third, the endless work in the investigation pending services
The first minute of work is normally:

Stats: 0:00:17 elapsed; 16 services completed (31 total)
Rate: 15.75; Found: 0; About 62.56% done; ETC: 10:30 (0:00:11 remaining)

After this "About% done" and "Rate" constantly decreasing and the work goes on forever.

Here are a sample of the log after decreasing:

Dropping connection limit due to connection error to: 7
Attempts: total 54 completed 1 supported 1 --- rate 0.08
Dropping connection limit due to connection error to: 7
Attempts: total 55 completed 1 supported 1 --- rate 0.08
Dropping connection limit due to connection error to: 7
Attempts: total 56 completed 1 supported 1 --- rate 0.08
Dropping connection limit due to connection error to: 7

Attempts: total 57 completed 1 supported 1 --- rate 0.08

Dropping connection limit due to connection error to: 7
 Attempts: total 58 completed 1 supported 1 --- rate 0.07
Dropping connection limit due to connection error to: 7
 Attempts: total 59 completed 1 supported 1 --- rate 0.07
Dropping connection limit due to connection error to: 7
 Attempts: total 60 completed 1 supported 1 --- rate 0.06

forever

I think that this is due to permanent serv-> total_attempts + +

Thank you for your work and for what you are doing.
With respect, ROleg