Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap TODO reorganization

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 16:54:59 -0700

Hi folks.  The Nmap TODO has traditionally lived in docs/TODO.  But we
have so many projects on the burners (particularly with GSoC starting
up) that we will probably need more per-project TODO lists.  So I've
created /nmap/todos and populated it with these files moved from
elsewhere in the tree:

-rw-------. 1 fyodor fyodor 120590 2010-05-04 15:44 nmap.txt
-rw-------. 1 fyodor fyodor  16519 2010-05-04 15:47 nping.txt
-rw-------. 1 fyodor fyodor   1911 2010-05-04 15:48 sctp.txt

For now, ncrack still lives in /ncrack/docs/TODO.  I don't have a
strong opinion on whether we should leave it there for locality with
the ncrack code, or move it to /nmap/todo for locality with the other
todo files.  I'll discuss it with Ithilgore.

There has traditionally been a /status/ directory in svn with files
like TODO.david and TODO.kris.  But only Nmap committers can read that
directory, and I think these files are better off public (making the
Nmap TODO public has certainly been a big success).  I don't want to
change the rules after people checked things in under the assumption
that the directory was more private, so I'm just creating this new,
public directory.  Anyone with an active TODO in /status/ is welcome
and encouraged to migrate it to /nmap/todo.  If for some reason you
want your TODO list private, you can always continue to use /status/.
It isn't going away (at least until the SVN server move, and it will
probably survive that too, especially if it is being used).

Cheers,
-F