Nmap Development mailing list archives

Status Report #1 of 15

From: alexandru <alex () hackd net>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 19:34:19 -0700

Hello world,

I'm alexandru and I'll be taking Nmap to the Clouds over the following weeks. I reside in Vancouver, Canada, where I've
just finished my Bachelor's degree in Computer Science at UBC.

Accomplishments:
* got partway through the Nmap book to make sure I'm up-to-date on all the options and features available
* finished setting up my dev environment (VMs, toolchains)
* started a blog to document my SoC experience (content not always related to Nmap development) at
http://summerpluscode.tumblr.com

Priorities:
* finish coming up with a name for this project (suggestions encouraged). so far, raiNmap is the only half-decent
candidate I have.
* set up a BitBucket mirror for my project[^1]
* Django crash-course
* read up on various sandboxing techniques
* read up on CentOS features
* finish the Nmap book
* prep and send all required documentation (Google and Fyodor)

[^1]: I use Mercurial for version-control (with an extension that lets me seamlessly interface with SVN repositories).
I'm thinking of setting up a BitBucket mirror to track bugs and feature development with their integrated issue
tracker, but if there are alternative for Nmap I'm not aware of, please let me know.

—
@